In 2021 we were delighted to have been chosen as the Charity of the Year by Northumberland Estates. We come to the end of the year and have been reflecting on everything we achieved together.
Thanks to the support of Northumberland Estates we've been able to:
- Get advice from staff from Alnwick Garden who visited early in the year to see our extensive gardens
- Plan a trip for garden staff and volunteers to Alnwick community garden - where our team were so impressed with their scarecrows it inspired our own scarecrow competition in October
- Plan an inter-generational trip in the summer to Alnwick Castle and Garden which included an amazing broomstick workshop for the children
- Have volunteers from Northumberland Estates help out in our garden
- Take 2 coaches full of local people and families to see the Alnwick Garden community Christmas Light Display
- Receive specialist log seating for our Forest School area
- Secure a grant contribution to buy picnic tables for our new family picnic area (which we hope to have installed in late spring 2022
- Enable a group of children to learn about where food comes from and enjoy a visit to a working farm in Northumberland
It's been fantastic to work with the staff at Northumberland Estates, who manage an extensive portfolio of land and houses across the region.
We can't thank them enough.
If you'd like to support Meadow Well Connected there are plenty of ways to get involved - you can volunteer your time, sign up for our lottery , shop online via Give As You Live or make a one-off or regular donation.